You read right, MINNESOTA. My four buddies on the N Loop here in Hawaii are considering a move to that State of the North Star. Did you know Blueberry is the state muffin? Neither did I. But since I found out the move is in the discussion stage (I'm so still not getting how a move from Hawaii to Minnesota could even enter the mind let alone the mouths of anyone), I thought I would put together an unasked for and probably unwanted facts and figures via a pro/con list for my beloved buds. . . and the Blueberry Muffin was the greatest Pro I could find. Here's the rest of the list:
Pro: Minnesota is home to the Mall of America
Con: Minnesota is home to the Mall of America
Pro: Minnesota boasts a pretty good beach scene (they have a lot of Lakes). I'm sure the beauty of Waimea is nuthin' compared to the likes of Lake Calhoun.
Con: There's some difficulty driving to the "beaches" since their roads are collapsing (remember the I-W35 Mississippi Bridge?)
Pro: There is tax free shopping on clothes
Con: A lot of clothing will have to be bought to layer and protect yourself from 60 degree below 0 weather during the long long long winters, 6 months to be exact (one site said Minnesota has two seasons: Winter and Road Construction) . . . thus canceling out the aforementioned pro
Pro: They boast a major advertising market (I'm grasping for straws here!)
Con: Home to many international corporations: General Mills, 3M . . . and they boast about that too!
Pro: Diversity/Culture
Con: Diversity goes undefined on many MN sites
Pro: Al Franken
Con: Jesse Ventura
Pro: Good schools
Con: Low wages
Pro: "There's a great Starbucks on 54th and Lyndale!"
Con: The resident who wrote that doesn't know Starbucks is the same everywhere
Pro: You can always call your family members in Hawaii long distance when the phone lines aren't down from the frequent snowstorms
Con: You got no one but the snow to talk to in Minnesota
In short, Hawaii rules you guys!! STAY FOREVER!!
5 comments:
hahaha! now we're moving just to spite you, peti! ;)
Freakin hilarious. How do you come up with this stuff? Mall of America is indeed a con! Ha! Minnesota is a shocking destination to come up with if you live in Hawaii!...maybe there's a REALLY awesome job opportunity for the short term OR there is tons of family they have there...those would be somewhat acceptable reasons. (: I'm sure they loved the unsolicted commentary I just wrote. Ha!
You're totally HILARIOUS! I can't believe anyone wants to live in Minnesota unless they had some FREAKIN AWESOME job opportunity because not even family is making me move there. As boasting about Diversity, that's a JOKE!
But I do know that we are losing a ton of great people for the neighborhood include us.
Yes, it's out! We're moving to Spokane Washington. I'm totally excited but still in denial about moving away from Hawaii because I totally LOVE it here. Thank goodness we having blogging to keep in touch.
Don't do it! I've lived in Minn. and several (wasted) years in Iowa, and I can tell your friends authoritatively, DON'T DO IT! Actually, the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) is a pretty cool area. Minn. fishing is great, especially way up north at Leech Lake. But winters suck. They are colder than anything you can imagine, and they indeed last most of the year. Snowmobiling is great fun, but not worth moving to MN for!! As much as I love HI, I don't think I could live there forever, either. Hmm ... I highly recommend DC :)
Being someone who spent 4 cold years in Madison, Wisconsin, I can say with confidence:
PRO: Underground tunnels (at least I heard they had them at U Minn.)
CON: Need for underground tunnels
(Madison didn't have them. I guess -10 isn't cold enough.)
Post a Comment