Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dinner and My Favorite Thing

Today I got to participate in my most favorite of favorite activities. I voted. I love living in America! Even if we didn't have fireworks and malasadas and The Huffington Post, I would still love being an American if for no other reason then we get to make a decision about who leads us. I actually get emotional when I think about how much I love to vote.

After I finished filling in the bubbles on my ballot, I was in a sassy mood and felt like making something a little Southwesternie. And usually, I fill that hankerin' with a special Costco salad mix. But since there was no Costco close by, I did what Sara Palin does when talking about foreign policy, and I improvised. Except I did it good.

First, I boiled boneless chicken tenderloins.

Then, I shredded the chicken in a bowl and added a gob of bar-b-cue sauce. Also, good to make a ton of this kind of chicken and keep it in the fridge for other uses (sandwiches, pitas, heated up with side of cucumber, etc).

I put a couple of tablespoons of this stuff in the bowl that I planned on eating out of:

In hindsight, it's disgusting, I know. But it was the only thing labeled "Southwestern" in all of Foodland. Yes, I see also, it says "Dip" but I had to ignore that use in the name of fulfilling my craving!

So I microwaved it for about 20 seconds (I microwaved dip to use as salad dressing. Don't judge!).

And then I added romaine lettuce, mixed it in with the Southwestern Ranch (still trying to ignore "the dip" part).

Topped it with the bar-b-cue chicken and ate.

It was delicious! Would also be good had a I added black beans and some corn too. But no time for that nonsense when my stomach was growling!

Try it. You won't be sorry! If the salad part doesn't work for you, I believe flour tortilla chips will!

p.s. Don't forget to Vote!!!

1 comment:

modestmuse said...

I'm so hungry now! I would wrap this up in a little flour tortilla. Yum! I like the dip/dressing idea.