Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Republicans Going Native??

While I was surfing the net looking for a pic of McCain (which I found and put up on my last post), I came across this photo. Totally looks like Giuliani and McCain are greeting each other with a hongi.

While other members of their party would probably be mortified at the thought of greeting by rubbing noses, I'm pretty sure these two would be cool with it. They both seem open to unfamiliar cultural practices. Especially McCain who gave a shout out to Navajo people in Arizona during one of the debates.

4 comments:

Patria said...

ooh that's funny... i do think it's time for Barack and Hillary to hongi.

Leslie said...

That's so funny...Wouldn't be great if all the candidates did the hongi. I would especially like to see Huckabee and Romney do the hongi.

Patria said...

girlfriend, it's time for a new post.

Pacific Eye Radio Show said...

I found you!!