
1. Have you ever agreed to work on a certain date thinking it was a Saturday but found out it was really a Sunday AFTER YOU COMMITTED TO WORK?
I have.
Yesterday.
And I felt so not good about it! Especially since I heard the conference talks were amazing. I'm never doing it again.
2. Have you ever been paid $25 for a 9 hr. day?
I have.
Yesterday.
And even though I would've done it for free because I loved having the experience, the yuk feeling of #1 coupled with the pay just made me feel like a cheap date breaking the Sabbath.
3. Have you ever seen chocolate syrup and raw chicken used as blood and gore and veins in a hospital scene?
I have.
Yesterday.
And I still had to avoid looking at it else I would've fainted right there on camera! Seriously, it's so gross!
4. Have you ever been the biggest woman on the set of a show?
I hadn't.
Until yesterday.
Which explains why I was at the gym at 6:30 this morning. There was this 60 yr. old lady who told me she had just lost 95 pounds. SHE LOOKED GREAT. But then she started lecturing at me. NOT SO GREAT. Still, she was totally inspirational. Oh, and a big thanks to Melissa who spent a good portion of time teaching me how to use the weight equipment. That was a Monday morning blessing right there.
5. Have you ever been on a low budget cable show that next to no one will watch?
I have.
Yesterday.
The show is called, "How I Survived" and is a brand new unscripted series that documents "individuals incredible encounters with animals and how the power of the human spirit ultimately enables them to survive." It'll be on Animal Planet this year.
I played a wild and deadly boar.
Just kidding! I played a nurse and then a doctor. Please do not watch it. I'm so scary on film. Or if you do watch it, make sure you're not eating anything and make sure to remember that the nurse who looks like a man is really me with a bad brow wax!
So I learned a lot of hard lessons from yesterday and feel sufficiently chastised by the Lord. I mean, he does chasten those he loves so without going into any explanation, I feel like he gave me choices and instead of just canceling, I chose to follow through with a commitment that I had made. And there were some painful consequences that I reaped. Like I said, I'll never do that again.
Funny thing though, out of a cast of about 15, 6 of us were LDS. One lady was from a Mililani ward and was going on about how she "felt inspired by the story" to come and work on this and how it seemed "appropriate given the power of the spirit that's shown in the show" and since her call time was after conference finished (mine was right smack in the middle of conference) that it was fine that she worked on the Sabbath.
But all I heard were justifications of making a poor choice. Which in fact made me feel worse about the choice I had made, and also made me more committed never to make that choice again. Many professional productions do not film on a Sunday and those are the ones I can aim for from now on.
6. Have you ever learned from a mistake and become more resolute to never make that mistake again?
I have.
Yesterday.
But I'm learnin' and growin' and repentin'! Geez, what a day that was!
6 comments:
and one of the best things about the Gospel is that you can take the important lessons you learned with you today, and leave the mistakes in yesterday! I love this Gospel!
1. Yes... felt no remorse.. i wasn’t active then and didn’t realize what i was missing!
2. Yes.... I worked for the Lieutenants governor’s office in the voting polls..
3. No... I think i would have thrown up too!
4. Not on a show... but many other places!
5. Im gonna say no... but Ive been on the 10 oclock news telling the world that Gore is the DEVIL!
6. I always realize its a mistake... make a mental note.. but for some reason always end up doing it again!
Please give us time and channel! So has the therapist turned into an actor? love it!
lesson learned :) please let us know when it is airing. maybe by the time it airs we'll have the animal planet channel...i'd LOVE to see you play a nurse and a dr.
I agree, lesson learned and not to be repeated! You realize your mistake and the Lord forgive you and you need to forgive yourself.
I'm DEFINITELY watching that show.
How could you get paid only $25 for a show that will be on Animal Planet?
Not that I know anything about Animal Planet.
Can I just say, if you had played a boar, HF would have forgiven you IMMEDIATELY.
Lesson learned.
Hey Liz! I made a blogspot! OK, so when ur show comes on, call me!! i wanna watcch it but we dont have animal planet :(. cya later Liz!! :D
Post a Comment