Sunday, October 5, 2008

30 Days. 30 Issues: Health Care


I am going to "countdown" the next 30 days until Election Day by attempting to summarize a specific issue per day that is part of Barack Obama's platform for President. I was just watching a C-SPAN program this afternoon and found out that in Australia, 90% of the citizens vote. 90%! To me, that's amazing! I know with work, school, raising kids, and just trying to get by, we don't always have time to study the candidates and therefore, we don't always vote. So I want to encourage people to vote.

Oh, and I also want to encourage people to vote for Barack Obama!

With regards to Health Care, he has an awesome plan. I've read the whole thing and hope you will too. His plan is comprehensive. From prevention, to lowering malpractice insurance, to eliminating pre-existing conditions standards, to giving residents of this country a choice, he doesn't miss a beat. He really does get it. He is also encouraging healthy competition with medications so pharmaceutical companies will not have the lobbying power they do now. ie. prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs from consumers.

I wish I could give easy bullet points but there are so many that I don't know where to begin. Easiest way for you to learn about how much this plan will help your family is to read it.

Oh, and by the way, unlike what the dumb smear emails I get from time to time say, he DOES NOT advocate socialized medicine. Not even close.

Please read his plan. Or at least the summary. A vote Barack Obama is a vote for this plan. A vote for this plan will be one of the greatest gifts we can give to our elderly, children, special needs folks, and every hard working American in this great country.

Barack Obama for President

1 comment:

Patria said...

I love 30 days, 30 issues idea on your blog! (and the scrolling down capability to see all the posts easily for these :)