New Year's day was completely fun. Just him and I. We woke up late, went to the Concert of the Stars, and then the Christmas tree display at the Temple Visitor's Center.
His week off has officially ended. He's at a service project right now, followed by a baptism he'll be conducting later this afternoon, so I thought I'd sit here at the computer, put off my long run for a bit more, and blog about this great New Year's Day. I have a feeling the next time we spend this much time together will be the next Christmas season! Enjoying these moments as I write.
My favorite ornaments at the Visitor's Center Christmas Tree display:





I have no idea where these ornaments were purchased or how they were made!! But I want all of them for next year's tree!! If anyone can give me guidance on how to get any one of these, I would greatly appreciate it!!Ok, on to some lighter (and hopefully) funny stuff.
Every New Year's Day, the Laie Community Association has a "Concert of the Stars". This year, the Ka'ala Boys and Augie T performed. Here's some clips to enjoy. And be careful of the Augie T one. No community in Hawaii is off limits to this comedian. He uses his own family in the last clip. Totally politically incorrect so why could I not stop laughing??
Here's a short of Laie kids in a little dance contest:
Ka'ala Boys and Sister Miller. You gotta love the band's attempt to pay respect to Genoa Keawe. Almost, boys! Keep practicing! I'm sure Sister Keawe appreciated the effort!
And now Augie T. Local humor + Politically Incorrect = laughing so hard!! (and uncomfortable laugh for people who are not from Hawaii).
3 comments:
I'm home SICK! I love the Christmas Trees and loves those photos! The kids are so darn cute!
Okay somehow I miss the clip of Kela dancing and I love that dance. That dance was the last dance I learned for her before I left.
so good talking to you on sunday! have a blast in D.C.! Be sure to wave to all of us from the inauguration celebration!!!
Post a Comment