Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bluer Than Blue

I would just like to point out that it could've been worse. I could've worn this hat to show party loyalty.



Instead, after much discussion, I decided to raise my hand. I explained that I have a major fear of public speaking so that I hope the sentiment of what I have to say will be understood by everyone.

And what I had to say was that we as The Democratic Party of Hawaii MUST take a stand against a Constitutional Conference (CON-CON). That we can educate the public as to why we stand against it and that if we don't educate our people, then they will get their education from self serving development investors.

Then I walked very quickly to the bathroom.

Then I came back into the meeting.

Then an old feisty lady with an east coast accent made a motion. And that motion was carried.

Then there was a second.

Then it was voted upon.

Apparently, even the socially inept can make a difference cuz I just saw myself standing with no legs and get that arm of the party to stand behind what I said.

So I would like to thank the pedicurist in Laie. It was the blue toenail polish for sure. The real way to win friends and influence people.

1 comment:

Don said...

Good for you, Liz! Way to go.